Friday, November 5, 2010

Gossip

Just to clarify, this is from the viewpoint of the tempter challenging us. I had been intrigued with the idea of gossip being like "choice morsels".  I also was realizing that -- like a diet -- I can have good intentions to change, but it is far to easy for me to say to myself, Soon I'll improve, but what will one more time hurt? This tidbit is too good not to pass along.

What might whet
       Your appetite?
A creamy sugar-coated bite?
        Something snappier and crisper,
Served with a delicious whisper?
       This morsel’s juicy - if you care
To take a piece of it to share.
       Pick and choose from a grand buffet
Or pass each dish, the family way.
       Add extra spice if it’s too dull;
We’ll keep it coming ‘till you’re full.
       Want it to go? There’ll be no harm,

It’s even better when re-warmed.
       Don’t hold back, reserved and quiet,
Wait a day to start your diet
       (A tasteless one from what I’ve heard)
Of discreet speech
       and wholesome words.

“The words of gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man’s innermost parts.”
                  Proverbs 18:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, did you write this! So good!! Such a great reminder to speak things that bring life.