Friday, April 27, 2012

This is certainly no sewing blog but here are pictures of something I designed for Melinda. I've gotten into following the seasons of Project Run&Play, and was finally brave enough to join one if their "sew alongs". The challenge? Use organic material or upcycle something into a garment. I have saved an old skirt of mine that had stains on the waistband and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I've always wanted to try shirring, so that's what I did! I didn't make the shirt, just paired the jumper with something she already had, so maybe Project Run & Play wouldn't approve. But I am pretty happy with it, regardless.

Before - Mama's Skirt  




After - Mindy's dress!  




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is absolutely adorable!! <3 And the skirt transformation is amazing. :)

Gabrielle said...

Cute and so clever! If you're interested, my church recently started making "Little Dresses for Africa". The dresses are made out of pillow cases and they are actually really cute! If you Google the words in quotes, you should be able to find a pattern.

Anonymous said...

absolutely adorable! :)